Truck accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries and severe property damage that threaten your financial security. Filing an insurance claim could help you get the money you need to rebuild your life. However, you should not face powerful adversaries like trucking companies or insurance adjusters without legal representation from a personal injury lawyer in Virginia Beach, VA.
If a reckless commercial driver injured you or a loved one, you need a reputable attorney to protect your rights. As an experienced Virginia Beach personal injury lawyer, I, Ed Atkinson, will handle all legal aspects of your claim while you focus on what is most important: your well-being. Call me today for a free case evaluation.
A Truck Accident Lawyer Who Delivers Results
While any motor vehicle accident case has its own obstacles, filing a claim after a truck crash can be especially intimidating. The sheer size and weight of commercial trucks often result in severe injuries and extensive property damage, requiring an in-depth investigation into liability.
As a personal injury lawyer, I dedicated my legal practice to empowering injured victims to stand up for justice, even if this means facing large corporations like trucking companies.
I have been serving injured Virginia victims for over a decade, and I’ve developed an effective legal approach to solving the unique challenges of truck crash claims. My track record of success, marked by substantial settlements and verdicts, proves that I consistently deliver outstanding case results.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Virginia Beach, call 757-648-8579
Available Compensation for Truck Accident Victims in Virginia Beach
Being involved in a truck accident can change your and your family’s lives in unexpected ways. You may experience debilitating injuries.
If you were diagnosed with a severe condition like spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury (TBI), you may face expensive long-term medical treatments. In addition, your injuries may prevent you from working to earn a living for your family.
Recoverable damages in a truck accident claim include:
- Medical bills: You could recover a wide range of medical expenses associated with your injuries, including hospitalization, surgery, and medication. These bills should not be your responsibility when you’re not at fault.
- The cost of future medical care: Pursuing compensation for medical bills is not only about covering past costs but also anticipating future expenses, including therapy and ongoing treatments. It’s about ensuring you have the financial resources to regain your health and quality of life.
- Property damage: When your vehicle sustains damage due to a truck driver’s negligence, this often extends beyond the repair costs; it can disrupt your daily life and impact your ability to work.
- Lost wages: When injuries sustained in a collision prevent you from working, directly affecting your ability to support yourself and provide for your family. However, you could recover any lost income and work benefits.
- Loss of earning potential: The collision’s impact may extend beyond the immediate loss of wages; it can permanently or significantly affect your ability to work and earn income in the future.
- Physical pain and mental anguish: The intense physical pain associated with truck accident injuries, such as broken bones or severe burns, can disrupt your life. Mental anguish, on the other hand, refers to the psychological trauma stemming from the accident.
I, Ed Atkinson, will calculate all your accident-related costs and estimate future expenses to compensate you fully. As a skilled Virginia Beach car accident lawyer experienced in handling truck crash cases, I will present a comprehensive claim that clearly shows the extent of your losses.
Virginia Beach Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 757-648-8579
Negotiating With Insurance Companies After a Truck Accident
The insurance claim process after a truck accident is intentionally complicated to discourage you from seeking financial recovery. Insurers, primarily concerned with their own bottom line, employ tactics to frustrate and deter claimants. Even when liability is clear, they try to shift blame, downplay injuries, or delay payouts.
Insurance companies are not your allies; they are profit-driven entities. However, I’m here to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve, leaving no room for compromise regarding your financial well-being. If adjusters refuse to offer a fair amount, I am prepared to take your case to court.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Virginia’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
In Virginia, the general statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including truck accidents, is two years from the accident date, as outlined in the Code of Virginia § 8.01-243. This means you have a limited opportunity to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party to seek compensation.
Time is a precious resource in personal injury claims, as not filing within this timeframe can result in the forfeiture of your right to recover damages. The sooner you seek legal assistance, the more time I will have to gather fresh evidence and strengthen your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Ed Atkinson for a Free Legal Consultation Today
After a truck crash, you may be weighed down by steep medical bills and numerous other financial challenges. Recovering your losses after a collision caused by a reckless truck driver is not just a matter of financial restitution; it’s your right. As an experienced Virginia Beach truck accident lawyer, I will help you reclaim your life.
Unlike other law firms that might pass new cases to intake specialists, I, Ed Atkinson, will be involved in every aspect of your claim. There are no fees unless I win. Contact Atkinson Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation.