Truck accidents can have disastrous consequences, resulting in serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a collision with a commercial truck, it is crucial to seek legal representation to protect your right to a fair settlement.
Negotiating financial compensation in a case involving a truck driver requires the expertise of a qualified attorney. I’m Ed Atkinson, and as an experienced Suffolk truck accident lawyer, I’m here to help you get the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
Contact me today for a free, zero-risk consultation.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck collisions can result in devastating injuries due to the sheer size and weight of a tractor-trailer or other large commercial vehicle. As a personal injury lawyer who regularly handles these cases, I have seen firsthand the life-altering injuries victims can sustain.
Common truck accident injuries include:
- Soft tissue injuries: In motor vehicle accidents, whiplash, sprains, and contusions are common soft tissue injuries. These injuries can cause significant pain and limited mobility, impacting the victim’s daily activities and quality of life.
- Bone fractures and other orthopedic injuries: The impact of a truck collision can lead to fractures and orthopedic injuries, including crushed limbs and dislocated joints. These injuries often require extensive medical treatment, surgeries, and rehabilitation.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): The force of impact in a truck accident can cause severe head trauma, leading to traumatic brain injuries. These injuries can have long-lasting effects on cognitive function, memory, and overall quality of life.
- Spinal cord injuries: The spine is particularly vulnerable in collisions, and damage to the spinal cord can result in partial or complete paralysis. Victims may experience significant physical limitations, loss of sensation, and challenges with daily activities.
- Internal organ damage: A serious accident can cause damage to organs, leading to internal bleeding or organ perforation. Internal injuries can be life-threatening and require emergency medical intervention.
If you or a family member has been injured, it’s crucial to seek immediate medical attention and consult with an experienced Suffolk truck accident lawyer like me. I’m here to explain your rights and help you win compensation for your injuries and other accident-related losses.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Suffolk, call 757-648-8579
Dealing With the Insurance Company After a Suffolk Truck Accident
The insurance claims process after a collision can be tricky. This is intentional! Insurers are in business to make money and will avoid paying out whenever possible. Even when it’s clear that their policyholder caused the collision, they will still do what they can to minimize your settlement.
As an experienced truck accident attorney who used to represent insurance companies, I know how to counter every trick in their book. My background gives me a unique perspective during negotiations that most personal injury lawyers don’t have.
When an insurance adjuster contacts you, please remember they are not your friend. As a representative of the other party’s insurance company, they want you to slip up and say something they can use to minimize your injuries or dispute liability.
As your lawyer, I will handle all negotiations with insurers and the trucking company, presenting them with a strong compensation case. As an experienced trial attorney, I will gladly file a lawsuit and fight for you in court if a settlement agreement cannot be reached.
Suffolk Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 757-648-8579
Available Compensation in a Commercial Truck Accident Case
A commercial truck collision can result in significant physical, emotional, and financial hardships. If you’ve been injured in a Suffolk, VA, accident, you may be entitled to a wide range of compensatory damages.
Compensable losses in a commercial truck accident case may include:
- Medical expenses: This includes the costs of emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and any future medical costs stemming from the accident.
- Lost wages: If your injuries keep you from working, you may be able to claim compensation for the wages you lose out on during your recovery period. This may also include the loss of future earnings if your injuries impact your ability to work long-term.
- Property damage: Compensation can be sought for repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle or other personal property destroyed in the accident.
- Pain and suffering: Damages like physical pain, emotional trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life are often recoverable. The pain and suffering category accounts for the physical and emotional hardships you endured due to the crash and your injuries.
- Wrongful death damages: In fatal truck accidents, surviving family members may be eligible to pursue wrongful death damages. These damages may include funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship.
It is important to note that the specific damages available in your case will vary depending on the circumstances of the collision and the extent of your injuries. As your personal injury attorney, I can assess your case, identify the damages applicable to your situation, and pursue a fair settlement or court award on your behalf.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Contact Atkinson Law for a Free Case Evaluation
Don’t bear the burden of a life-altering accident alone. As an experienced Suffolk truck accident attorney, I am here to help you get full compensation for your injuries. Let me advocate for you and fight for your rights. There is no fee unless I win your case, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out for a free consultation.
Contacting Atkinson Law is the first step toward securing the settlement or verdict you deserve. During your initial consultation, we can discuss the specifics of your case, assess the potential for compensation, and determine your best course of action going forward.
Call my office or fill out the online contact form to get started.