A car accident can leave you with physical injuries, emotional stress, and financial problems. It’s a difficult situation that no one should face alone. I’m Ed Atkinson, and as an Emporia car accident lawyer, I understand the challenges people deal with after a crash.
If someone else caused your injuries, you shouldn’t have to pay for them. I offer free consultations in person, by phone, or online for your convenience. If we decide to work together, I’ll investigate the crash, gather evidence, calculate your losses, and negotiate with the insurance company.
My goal as your Emporia personal injury lawyer is to get you a settlement or award that covers your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. Contact Atkinson Law today for a free case evaluation.
Common Injuries Sustained in Emporia Motor Vehicle Collisions
Car accidents can cause serious harm or even death. While everyone’s situation is different, some of the most common injuries people suffer in motor vehicle collisions include:
- Neck and back injuries like whiplash or herniated discs
- Torn ligaments
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises
- Broken bones
- Joint damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
With timely medical care and physical therapy, many of the above conditions can fully heal. However, some victims are left with permanent disabilities after a crash. Regardless of your exact injuries, Atkinson Law is here to help you get the money you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Emporia, call 757-648-8579
Recovering Financial Compensation After a Crash
The amount you can recover depends on factors like the severity of your condition and its effect on your life.
Depending on your case, you may receive money for:
- Medical expenses: The crash may lead to a mountain of medical bills. The at-fault driver or their insurance company should have to pay for them.
- Property damage: You also need money for the property damage the negligent driver caused. This category includes the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any personal belongings that were damaged in the collision.
- Pain and suffering: You may also seek non-economic damages for emotional distress, suffering, and even the loss of enjoyment of life.
- Lost income: Missing work can hurt you financially, so you deserve money for lost wages due to your injuries. You may also recover money for future lost income if you cannot return to work.
- Physical therapy: Expensive physical therapy may be required to reduce your pain and restore your mobility. This damage is common in car accident claims.
- Wrongful death: When you lose a loved one in an accident, no amount of money can make up for the loss you suffered. However, a wrongful death settlement may provide you with a sense of justice and closure.
Depending on the circumstances of the crash, you may get money beyond a typical settlement, such as punitive damages. As your attorney, I will use all available evidence to build a strong case against the at-fault driver.
Emporia Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 757-648-8579
Dealing with Insurance Companies After a Crash
Navigating the insurance claim process after an accident is intentionally confusing. Insurance companies are in business to make money and pay out as little as possible, even when their policyholder is clearly at fault. Claims adjusters may try to blame you for the accident or downplay your injuries.
It’s important to understand that when an insurance adjuster contacts you, they are not on your side. In order to protect your interests, it’s best to let your lawyer do the negotiating.
As a seasoned car accident lawyer in the Emporia area, I know the tricks insurance adjusters use. I’ll present a strong case and seek full compensation. If they do not agree to a fair settlement, I will gladly file a lawsuit and fight for you in court.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
Virginia law limits how long you have to file a lawsuit after a personal injury. Unless there is a unique situation, like an injured minor, you only have two years to sue under Code of Virginia § 8.01-243. The deadline for fatal accident claims is also two years.
I will review your case during our initial meeting and let you know exactly how much time you have. Contacting me soon after a crash will allow me time to build a strong case.
As an attorney with 15 years of experience, I always plan to have more evidence than I need and prepare every case for a possible trial. I would rather have more proof than I need than risk being unprepared.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Free Consultation With Me, Your Emporia Car Accident Lawyer
I started my law office because I wanted to provide better service to injured victims and their families. Unlike some lawyers in our area, I remain closely involved in the cases my team handles. Instead of going silent after you sign up, I will return your calls quickly and keep you updated on any important news on your case.
When you choose me for your accident claim, I will guide you through the legal process, fight for a fair settlement, and represent you in court if needed. As your Emporia car accident lawyer, I am here to help you reclaim your life after a crash.
I take cases on contingency, meaning you pay nothing upfront. I only get paid when I get you a settlement or court award. Contact Atkinson Law to get started with zero risk.