Being diagnosed with brain injury could mean the start of a long and expensive recovery process. This can place a heavy financial and emotional burden on you and your family, especially if someone else’s negligence caused the accident.
As medical expenses pile up, loved ones may have to take on the cost of your ongoing care. However, a brain injury lawyer in Portsmouth, VA, will help you recover medical bills and more.
I, Ed Atkinson, understand how a catastrophic injury can change your and your family’s life. During this challenging period, you deserve unwavering support and an assertive advocate to help you fight for justice. As an experienced Portsmouth personal injury attorney, I will convey the magnitude of your damages so you may recover the compensation you deserve. Call me today for a free case review.
Common Accidents that Can Result in Brain Injury
Many types of accidents can cause severe trauma, like traumatic brain injuries. For example, the sudden impact of car crashes could cause the brain to collide with the skull, leading to damage. The effects of these injuries vary widely, impacting cognitive functions, motor skills, emotional regulation, and overall quality of life.
Survivors might experience brain injuries after different types of accidents, including:
Brain injury cases are complicated, but as your attorney, I will make things simple. During my legal practice, I have handled a wide range of personal injury claims, which allowed me to develop effective strategies for my clients.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Portsmouth, call 757-648-8579
Available Compensation for Brain Injury Victims in Portsmouth
Brain injuries often lead to significant medical bills, rehabilitation costs, loss of income, and emotional distress. These losses accumulate over time, impacting your financial stability and overall well-being.
The damages you recover after being injured by someone else’s negligence should cover all your current and future injury-related expenses. As your attorney, I will prove the accident’s full financial impact so you can recover maximum compensation.
As an accident victim with a brain injury, you could claim the following damages:
- Physical pain and mental anguish: Damages for physical pain encompass the discomfort and suffering, such as headaches or other types of pain caused by the brain injury. Mental anguish refers to the injury’s psychological toll, which may encompass feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Disfigurement: This refers to the visible and often permanent changes in a person’s physical appearance. In brain injury cases, disfigurement might manifest as scars on the head or face due to surgical procedures or the injury itself.
- Medical expenses: These damages encompass a wide range of costs, including hospitalization, emergency room visits, expensive diagnostic testing, surgical procedures, and ongoing therapy. Brain injuries often require specialized medical treatments, which could result in substantial expenses.
- Lost earnings: A catastrophic injury disrupts a person’s ability to work and earn a living. Lost earnings encompass the income you would have earned had the injury not occurred.
- Lessening of earning capacity: This type of damage recognizes the long-term impact of an injury on your ability to earn a living. Unlike lost earnings, which focus on the immediate loss of income, lessening of earning capacity considers the diminished ability to earn in the future.
As an experienced brain injury lawyer in Portsmouth, VA, I understand the financial strain you are experiencing, and this should not stop you from seeking professional legal advice. I take no fees unless I win, and you will not have to pay anything out-of-pocket. You have nothing to lose by reaching out, but a lot to gain.
Portsmouth Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 757-648-8579
I Will Protect Your Interests Before Insurance Companies
Liability insurance claims are complex due to brain injuries’ intricate and often unpredictable nature. The diverse range of symptoms and potential long-term consequences make it difficult to quantify the extent of the damages in monetary terms.
Furthermore, insurance adjusters will not hesitate to take advantage of your vulnerable position. They will try to diminish the value of your claim or dismiss your case altogether to protect the company’s profits.
As your Portsmouth brain injury attorney, I will not allow insurance adjusters to take advantage of you. I know how to counter their strategies and present an evidence-based case that accurately reflects the full extent of your losses.
Insurance companies will attempt to expedite settlements before you know the full extent of your damages, so you should seek immediate legal assistance. By doing so, I will protect your right to fair compensation. Also, the sooner you contact me, the more time I will have to strengthen your claim.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Virginia’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
If someone’s negligence injured you, you have a limited time to take legal action. Under Virginia’s statute of limitations, you generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the defendant.
Failing to meet the deadline will likely lead to your case being dismissed and losing the opportunity to claim maximum compensation. Consult an attorney to learn exactly how long you have to file a lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Me, Ed Atkinson, for a Free Legal Consultation
If you or a loved one have experienced a brain injury after an accident, you should not go through this difficult period alone. Allow me, Ed Atkinson, to reclaim your life. I will compassionately guide you through financial recovery and help you seek justice.
When you call Atkinson Law, you will not be met by an “intake specialist,” as I personally talk to all my clients. I want to hear all about your personal experience to create a tailored legal approach that best meets your needs. Contact me today, and let’s start planning the best strategy for your recovery.