A truck accident can change your life in an instant, resulting in serious injuries, property damage, and emotional trauma. Pursuing a fair settlement after a collision can be challenging, especially when dealing with insurance companies and trucking companies that may try to minimize your claim. That’s why accident victims need a trusted advocate to represent them.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Williamsburg area collision, it’s vital to seek the services of a reputable attorney who regularly handles these cases. I’m Ed Atkinson, and as an experienced Williamsburg truck accident lawyer, I’m here to help you get the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
Contact a seasoned Williamsburg personal injury lawyer at Atkinson Law for a free, no-risk case evaluation.
Commercial Truck Accident Injuries
As a Williamsburg personal injury lawyer, I’ve seen firsthand the life-altering injuries truck accident victims can sustain.
Common commercial truck accident injuries include:
- Soft tissue damage: Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries are common in motor vehicle collisions and can be excruciatingly painful. They can also limit mobility, impacting the victim’s ability to perform their usual activities.
- Broken bones and other orthopedic injuries: The force of a truck collision can lead to breaks, fractures, and other orthopedic injuries, including dislocated joints. These injuries may require surgery, extensive physical therapy, and rehabilitation. Debilitating and disfiguring amputations are also a possibility after crush injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Head trauma resulting in the brain making contact with the skull is considered a traumatic brain injury. TBIs can be fatal or have long-lasting effects on memory, cognitive abilities, and emotional stability.
- Internal injuries: A serious truck accident can cause internal bleeding and organ perforation. These injuries may not be immediately apparent and can be life-threatening, requiring emergency medical treatment.
- Spinal cord damage: The spine is particularly vulnerable in a crash, and injuries to the spinal cord can result in varying degrees of paralysis. Victims may experience anything from a mild loss of sensation to significant physical limitations. Sadly, many spinal cord injury victims do not survive.
If you or a loved one has been injured, it’s important to seek immediate medical attention and consult with a qualified attorney. I’m here to stand up for your rights and help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Williamsburg, call 757-648-8579
Potential Compensation After a Williamsburg, VA, Truck Collision
The amount you receive after a Williamsburg truck wreck should be enough to compensate you for medical bills plus the loss of quality of life, pain and suffering, and lost wages. I can help you navigate the insurance claim or litigate your case to ensure your losses are fully covered.
The amount you could recover depends on the circumstances of your case but could include the following:
- Medical expenses: This category includes any medical bills you incurred due to the accident, including surgeries, hospital stays, follow-up visits, physical therapy, and other necessary medical treatments.
- Pain and suffering: In addition to financial damages like medical expenses and lost wages, you may be entitled to non-economic damages for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you experience.
- Lost income: If you miss work due to your injuries, you may be able to recoup the wages you lost during your recovery. If your injuries are so severe that you can no longer work, you could also seek damages for loss of future earnings.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or personal property was damaged in the collision, you should be compensated for repair or replacement costs.
- Wrongful death damages: If you lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, you could seek compensation for their medical bills, funeral and burial costs, and the loss of their companionship and financial support.
Please keep in mind that the amount you may be able to recover after an accident will depend on the extent of your damages and the circumstances of the collision. During your initial consultation, I can evaluate your case and tell you which damages may be recoverable.
Williamsburg Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 757-648-8579
Negotiating With the Insurance Company After a Williamsburg Collision
The insurance claim process after a truck accident is complex. This is intentional! Insurance carriers are protecting their bottom line and will avoid paying out a large settlement whenever possible. Even if it’s clear that their policyholder caused the crash, they may still try to blame you for the accident or minimize your injuries.
As an experienced personal injury lawyer who used to represent insurance companies, I know how to counter their tactics. When an insurance adjuster approaches you, please realize that they are not on your side. As a representative of the at-fault party’s insurer, they hope to use something you say to reduce your settlement or deny your claim outright.
As your Williamsburg truck accident attorney, I will handle all negotiations with insurers and other involved parties, presenting them with an evidence-backed case they can’t ignore. If they refuse to offer a favorable settlement, I will gladly bring a lawsuit and fight for justice in court.
Atkinson Law offers the opposite of the big-box store experience you get with nationwide attorneys who accept cases in the Hampton Roads area. Instead, we are a local law firm that needs your business and works hard to earn your 5-star review.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Virginia’s Time Limit for Personal Injury Lawsuits
Virginia’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years from the accident date, as outlined by the Code of Virginia § 8.01-243. In most truck accident cases, you have only two years from the collision date to take legal action against the at-fault party.
You risk losing your right to recover compensation if you fail to file your truck accident lawsuit within the two-year window of opportunity. However, exceptions extending the deadline do exist, such as cases involving minors.
It’s always best to consult a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible after a collision to ensure that you meet all applicable deadlines in your case. Not only that, but on average, those who seek legal representation tend to secure larger settlements than those who represent themselves.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Me, Ed Atkinson, for a Free Case Evaluation
You may be facing a growing stack of medical bills and a long and painful recovery process. But don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you while you are hurting and preoccupied with other things. As a Williamsburg truck accident attorney, I am committed to helping accident victims in your situation.
Unlike other lawyers who pass you off to an “intake specialist” when you call, I’ll talk to you personally and handle your case at every stage. There is no fee unless I win, and you’ll pay nothing out of pocket. Let’s discuss the specifics of your case so I can determine our best course of action.
Contact Atkinson Law to schedule your free case evaluation.