If you’ve recently been injured in a car accident in the Roanoke area, you may be dealing with pain, stress, and financial hardship from missed work. I’m Ed Atkinson, and as a Roanoke car accident lawyer, I understand the challenges you face while recovering from a crash.
If a negligent driver caused your injuries, I can help you gather evidence, calculate your damages, and negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, I’ll help you file a lawsuit and fight for justice in court.
Contact Atkinson Law today for a free consultation with me, your Roanoke personal injury lawyer.
Negotiating a Settlement With the Insurance Company After a Car Accident
When an insurance adjuster contacts you, they are not your friend. While they may seem caring when they ask you how you are doing, their goal is to get you to say something to weaken your case. They may also make a settlement offer, hoping you’ll accept it before you realize how much your case is worth.
When you trust me with your Roanoke car accident case, I can handle all communications with the insurance companies and fight for a fair settlement on your behalf. As an experienced trial lawyer, I will gladly take your case to court if the insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve.
Unlike other Roanoke car accident lawyers, whose clients may not even meet them until the day of the trial, I’ll be actively involved in your case from the beginning.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Roanoke, call 757-648-8579
Compensation I Could Help You Pursue After a Collision
Pursuing damages after a crash is the best way to cover your expenses and reclaim your life.
While every case is unique, I could help you seek a wide range of economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Property Damage: This compensation category covers damage to your vehicle and personal belongings inside the car.
- Medical Bills: If you were severely injured in a car accident, you will soon face a mountain of medical bills. It’s important to include all accident-related medical expenses in your claim.
- Physical therapy: Some injuries may need costly physical therapy treatments to help restore mobility and reduce pain.
- Lost wages: Your injuries might prevent you from working while medical bills and other expenses continue to add up. Dealing with lost income can be one of the most challenging aspects of your recovery.
- Pain and suffering: This broad category of non-economic damages includes things like physical pain, emotional distress, scarring, permanent disability, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death damages: If you’ve lost a loved one due to another driver’s negligence, I extend my deepest condolences. While nothing could ever truly compensate you for this loss, pursuing compensation for wrongful death damages can cover final expenses and provide you with a sense of closure.
- Additional Damages: Depending on the specifics of your car accident, you might be eligible for damages beyond what is usually included in a settlement. For instance, if the other driver was drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time of the accident, I may be able to get you punitive damages.
As a Roanoke car accident lawyer, I’m here to protect your rights and ensure that the other driver and their insurance carrier fully address the pain and suffering you’ve endured.
Roanoke Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 757-648-8579
Establishing Negligence After a Crash
As your attorney, it’s my responsibility to establish the four key elements of negligence in your case:
- Duty of Care: The first thing I must prove is that the responsible party had a duty of care towards you. In other words, the driver or at-fault party should have acted reasonably and refrained from actions that could hurt someone.
- Breach: I must also show that the negligent party breached their duty of care. A breach can manifest in various ways, such as distracted driving, driving under the influence, aggressive driving, or failing to obey traffic laws.
- Causation: I will also work to establish a direct link between the other driver’s breach of duty and your injuries. I can do this by presenting evidence that shows you would not have suffered harm if it weren’t for their careless behavior.
- Damages: The final element is to show that you incurred financial and non-financial losses as a result of your crash-related injuries. I can provide medical records and other evidence to the insurance company, showing the ways the accident has affected your life.
If the above four elements are present, you may have a valid personal injury claim. When you contact Atkinson Law, I will evaluate your case and explain my plan for pursuing compensation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Virginia’s Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
According to the Virginia statute of limitations explained in Code of Virginia § 8.01-243, you have two years from the accident date to file your personal injury claim through the court system. However, certain circumstances could change the deadline.
For example, if the accident victim is a minor, you might have more time to file. Other circumstances could lead to a tighter deadline. During your initial consultation, I can tell you exactly how much time you have left to file your claim.
I recommend reaching out to me as soon as possible so I can start preparing your case. As an experienced Virginia personal injury attorney, I would rather have more evidence than I need than risk being even slightly unprepared for a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Free, Zero-Risk Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer in Roanoke
Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you! As your Roanoke car accident lawyer, I will guide you through the legal process and fight for the maximum compensation available in your case. I know you have a lot on your plate right now, and I’m here to help you hold the at-fault driver responsible while you relax and heal from your injuries.
Since I work on a contingency basis, you won’t pay anything upfront or out of pocket; I only get paid when we win. I will gladly travel to meet you at the hospital or in the comfort of your home for your free consultation. We can also discuss your case online or over the phone.
Contact Atkinson Law today to get started with zero risk.